PlayStation Plus is a subscription service package available on PlayStation Network.
What is PlayStation Plus?
PlayStation Plus is a subscription service package that provides a series of added features to PlayStation Network. A subscription can be purchased from PlayStation Store. As a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you can enjoy the following services:
- An Instant Game Collection of top-rated* PS3 and PS Vita titles at no extra cost.
- Exclusive PlayStation Store discounts each month.
- Exclusive access to premium avatars and PS3 dynamic themes.
- Early and priority access to game demos and beta trials.
- Full Game Trial: try games for a limited time before you buy them.
- Automatic Update: set your PS3 system to automatically download system software, game updates and more, directly to your PS3 and PS Vita.
* Top rated is based on a Metacritic rating of 70+.
- Content and types of services available for PlayStation Plus subscribers vary depending on the country or region where the Sony Entertainment Network account is registered. For details, visit eu.playstation.com/playstationplus.
- When you have an account with a PlayStation Plus subscription on a PS3 system and that account is also linked to a PS Vita system, you are automatically considered to have a PlayStation Plus subscription on your PS Vita system.
Signing up to PlayStation Plus
You can purchase a subscription to PlayStation Plus from PlayStation Store in the same way as you purchase content. After you purchase a subscription, the PlayStation®Plus icon will be displayed next to your avatar in the XMB™ Menu on PS3 or your profile screen on PS Vita. Icons will also be displayed for features or content exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers.